how do I keep my high school daughter interested in college?

My daughter is not college age yet, but I am afraid she will become distracted when it is time for college. I have a son who is in his 2nd year of college, he plays football so his introduction to college was a little different and I had very little say so in it. I plan to make her college introduction both entertaining and interesting. I would like to take a road trip with her a weekend during the summer and visit a few local/instate college every summer until she graduates high school. my fear is she will lose interest, I have friends who have groomed their daughters for their "chosen profession" right up until they graduated and when it came to entering college the daughter dismissed college all together. did they push too hard? my son was told college is not an option it was must to survive comfortable in the world, and he has no more respect for education then he did in high school. how do i keep her wanting college?

fitmom1987

Asked by fitmom1987 at 3:15 PM on Jan. 1, 2013 in Teens (13-17)

• Most colleges have summer programs. Do a search for the colleges near you and see about a short summer program.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 10:56 PM on Jan. 5, 2013