Dooms Day Preppers!!!!!!!!!

I have been watching it today. Really bored!!!

Some of these people are crazy into this.

Now because I live in Oklahoma I am kind of prepared for Tornadoes.

We have  oil lamps, a generator, wind up flashlights, a portable radio, we do not have a safe room though.

We do have a walk in closet for a safe room,

Asked by louise2 at 4:28 PM on Jan. 1, 2013 in Home & Garden

• I am not the prepped...lol... but bc dh is a firefighter, safety is a top priority around here so yes I am
    prepped for basic safety, including tornadoes, power outages, etc... we are small town rural area, so
    we are basically the last to be taken care of if power goes out....
    Now my Aunt in the U.P. of MI is a major prepper ....
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 12:39 PM on Jan. 5, 2013

• We moved back from overseas to the states, I have NEVER experienced a tornado EVER!
    So what happends, we get tornados here in BAMA! 5 miles from my house! All day the worst day of my entire life of being scared to the point where I was literally freaking out!
    So, we are NOW prepared! We have a generator, a gas grill that has a stove too, tools, lights, wind up radio, cords to hook up to the car, and even a jumper box with cables..we even know and have the hallway that is very secure as our safe room, shot guns, food, even have fire wood with a firepit in case it's cold...I think that we would be very ready for a tornado...just PRAYING it NEVER happends again!
    madmueller

Answer by madmueller at 4:35 PM on Jan. 1, 2013

• Those people are wackadoos

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:34 PM on Jan. 1, 2013

• wackadoos!!! love it lol
    san78

Answer by san78 at 4:37 PM on Jan. 1, 2013

• Wackadoodles even.... LOL!

I watched that a couple of times. When I have watched it all I can think of is, "Do these people NOT have a job"? "How do they get all the money for what they are doing?" I mean, you know that has to take a ton of time and money to do....
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 4:43 PM on Jan. 1, 2013

• M-avi has a point. They have to have money and time to be able to do all of that.

Answer by Bmat at 4:57 PM on Jan. 1, 2013

• I figure if all hell breaks loose,the odds of you living through it are slim to none

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:43 PM on Jan. 1, 2013

• One thing y'all have to remember is that this is TV!!!! There is tons of careful editing to make them look like wackadoodles. And that is not always easy! I wonder if NatGeo pays for some of the equipment these people have....just so they have it for the show. I don't believe much of what the talking box says, about anything.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 5:41 PM on Jan. 1, 2013

• I just don't get their motivation. I would not want to be only person still alive. That sounds like hell to me.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 1:22 PM on Jan. 2, 2013