Sexy Baby: all the things your kids are probably being exposed to while you have no idea

Just saw a story on this on the news - new documentary exploring the oversexing of kids thanks to the constant access to internet, phone apps, etc. Among the things mentioned was an interview with a girl who looks about middle school age, saying that a lot of the guys she knows have porn apps on their phone, but at least half of the girls she knows (meaning more than guys) do, too.

Looked it up online, and it has theatrical releases, but can also be watched online.

Will you watch it...more importantly, will you watch it with your kids?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 7:18 PM on Jan. 1, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• Well no, my kids watch Disney stuff.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 7:24 PM on Jan. 1, 2013

• Might watch but we are low tech. I do not have cable, my phone is a smart phone but my child can't download apps since he does not know our code. My six year old acts six. Maybe younger compared to other children since he is more sheltered in the sense we screen what he sees and hears. He starts camp tomorrow and quite frankly I hope he does not learn about the school shootings. All in time. If I had a tween for sure we would watch and discuss together.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 8:31 PM on Jan. 1, 2013

• I suppose I should watch it, but since I have a freshman in college already, that kind of thing doesn't surprise me in the least. She's always been very candid about what her peers are doing. Because of that, I'm very open and honest with the younger ones about what goes on with their peers, even if they are unaware of it.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 9:30 PM on Jan. 1, 2013

• Yes! I need to know it all with my teens, not that they would do it, but what I don't know will hurt me later!
    madmueller

Answer by madmueller at 9:45 PM on Jan. 1, 2013

• That is disturbing. I am so glad we didn't have cell phones and Internet when my kids were teens. They are adults now and have their own kids and they try to keep track of what their kids are doing but its impossible.
    lga1965

Answer by lga1965 at 12:09 AM on Jan. 2, 2013

• My dd is 4, so I hope by the time she is 12 or 13 things have changed. Or I guess I will be having the "birds and the bees" talk a lot sooner then I want to! But now days people are bitching about gun control, when I think more attention should be on what that movie is about. I think as time goes by, there will be teen pregnancies, more girls who are even more conscious about their body image as time goes by. See other girls getting more plastic surgery so they look like 18 or 19 when in reality they may be 13 or 14. They have the grown up body, so they are getting the attention from grown up males. Setting themselves up as a target for rape. Men see them as adults, when they are still "babies" mentally. Then others are posting themselves on FB as sex objects, posting pics of them at a party, then naked pics of them after they are drunk and do not realize what is going on until its too late.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 12:46 AM on Jan. 2, 2013

• Then that picture is all over her world, and she cannot get it back. Then it has the potential of ruining any future job offers at a lawyers firm, or law enforcement any of the high profile job markets such as these. But I think its worse on women and girls then on boys and men Guns, sex and drugs.....Is that what our society is about anymore?
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 12:52 AM on Jan. 2, 2013

• I think the increasingly relaxed moral values in this country is a real concern. I'm not suggesting we don't discuss important issues, but why do we have to see Victoria Secret Commercials, which is ironically followed by an erectile dysfunction commercial, during prime time viewing hours.?! No matter how hard we parents work to shield our children from what we deem inappropriate, it's nearly impossible to avoid the bombardment. And sorry to say MI-Mom, you probably will have to have the talk w/ your children earlier than you planned to. I know I did. They learn things from their friends too. We just have to instill in our daughters that they are valuable human beings that have so much more to offer than their bodies. :)

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:11 AM on Jan. 2, 2013