Arthurian Legend...

I am a HUGE fan of the Legends of Camalot... King Arthur and all that... I "cut teeth" to that stuff... I am looking for kids versions to read to my kids.

Know of any?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 7:56 PM on Feb. 12, 2009 in General Parenting

• Here are some though they range in age, and here is a great site where you can search for more
    http://www.wheelers.co.nz/books/9780141321011-king-arthur-and-his-knights-of-the-round-table/
    1.Tales of King Arthur: The Sword in the Stone (Books of Wonder)
    by Hudson Talbott
    2.King Arthur: Tales Of The Round Table
    by H. Ford
    3.King Arthur's Knights: The Tales Retold For Boys And Girls
    by Walter Crane
    4.King Arthur and His Knights
    by Sir James Knowles
    5.King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table
    by Marcia Williams
    stephanie7325

Answer by stephanie7325 at 8:19 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• There is several versions in the kids section of the library...look for Merlin's apprentice or something like that. I will ask my son when he gets home.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 7:58 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I checked out your profile, and saw that your boys are under three? I don't think there's any Arthurian books aimed at that young of an age.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 8:00 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• My Oldest will be Three in May... I would like to get his library started now though...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:04 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I think you'll have the best luck at Barnes and Noble, but all the kids version I have seen are chapter books, aimed at 8+ if there is something out there for preschoolers, I think that would be very cool. I've studied Morte d'Arthur, and I think it's wonderful to get children interested in classic literature from a young age.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 8:12 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• for when your kids are older, the Magic Treehouse book series is wonderful, I think there might be more than one that include Arthurian Legend;
    here's one;

Christmas in Camelot
    by Mary Pope Osborne
    Christmas in Camelot is a very special Magic Tree House book. Jack and Annie go on a quest to save Camelot, a quest that will prove to a beleaguered King Arthur that children and imagination really can make a difference.

Mama_McD

Answer by Mama_McD at 9:48 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Thanks All!!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:29 AM on Feb. 13, 2009