I've been trying to get pregnant but havent been able what can I do?

grensummer22

Asked by grensummer22 at 8:01 PM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Its really hard to say cuz you never know what will or wont work for other people.

WARNING: TMI AHEAD......

Took us a year to get pregnant with our second child. What actually, finally worked(besides charting my ovulation times) was putting my hips up on 4 pillows while having sex. We did that on my ovulation day and we both came at the same time and it worked. Was kinda hard cuz you felt folded in half but at the same time it was fun LOL.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 8:03 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• You can also put your hips up on the pillow after sex. Stay like that for like 10 minutes. Its like using gravity for your benefit. I did this for both of my pregnancies and I think it really helps.
    nudge08

Answer by nudge08 at 8:06 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• the best advice is not to think about it so much. also, those ovulation kits work great. have you got your thyroid checked latley?
    Anonymous

• Pick up a copy of "Taking Charge of Your Fertility."

After a year of trying, we got pregnant the very first cycle after reading it. We did nothing but change our timing to follow the chart the book taught me to use.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:36 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• "the best advice is not to think about it so much. also, those ovulation kits work great. have you got your thyroid checked latley? "

i had to quote this just because it made me laugh. Yeah, don't think about it, but use an ovulation kit. Kind of contradictory. lol. Anyway, I hated that advice when I was TTC my son. Thinking about it or not thinking about it does not get you pregnant!! I agree with Gdiamante about Taking charge of your fertility. That book is great. I learned how to properly chart my cycles and know the best timing and got pregnant the first month I seriously charted. (so obviously I was thinking about it a lot!) lol.
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 3:17 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I just had to add.... ITS SO HARD TO "NOT" THINK ABOUT IT LOL
    Tears99

Answer by Tears99 at 2:53 PM on Feb. 16, 2009