Should I celebrate their birthdays separate or together?

My boys will be 3 and 4 and their birthdays are 9 days apart......

Do you Ladies think I should celebrate them together, separate, have their own cake on their birthdays with balloons and 1 present and have a joint party on the 5th day after the first birthday?

I don't know!!!!!!!!!!!

2monstersmommy

Asked by 2monstersmommy at 10:09 PM on Jan. 1, 2013 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• right now it's ok.... but once then hit school age they aren't going to like that
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 10:12 PM on Jan. 1, 2013

• Our boys are 4 years apart in age but share the same birthday.
    We've always celebrated their birthday on the same day but had one party in the family room and the other in the dining room.
    I always felt it was important for each to have their own cake, to make it as individual as I could.
    I see nothing wrong with it. My boys have great memories.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 10:12 PM on Jan. 1, 2013

• Young little guys like that maybe do them at the same time - less stress for you.
    As they get older and understand birthdays and parties, then go with the individual.
    Happy Birthday!
    madmueller

Answer by madmueller at 10:13 PM on Jan. 1, 2013

• My kids' birthdays are one week apart (June 22 and June 29) and I always make sure I have two birthdays.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:17 PM on Jan. 1, 2013

• I would do joint in the earlier years, my daughter and her cousins birthday are 5 days apart , ones 4 and ones 5, we have had them together the last few years and the cakes always had both names on it , one is a girl and ones a boy we never had a problem combining them and neither did they , they always enjoyed it as they are very close and they understood the celebration was for both of them however not sure we will get away with it this time around lol
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 2:55 AM on Jan. 2, 2013

• Separate
    All kids want to feel special and like the day is all about them but if u can give both kids that attention at the same time as well as host a party then do it together
    Dee25072305

Answer by Dee25072305 at 7:41 AM on Jan. 2, 2013

• My sister and I are 2 days shy of being 2 years apart and in the early years joint parties was fine, but as we got older (school age) we both hated having joint parties with our friends. Our cousin is also 7 days before my sister (I am 2 days later) and even as we got older we did a joint family party for all three. That didn't bother us, but when they tried to combine our friend parties we had an issue.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:48 AM on Jan. 2, 2013

• Thanks Ladies for your comments and suggestions! :)
    2monstersmommy

Comment by 2monstersmommy (original poster) at 10:12 AM on Jan. 2, 2013