my legs are so sore from working out 4 days in a row.. should I skip working out today or should I work out?

Asked by Anonymous at 8:13 PM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Keep going, the more you work out the less you'll hurt!

Answer by drpepper73 at 10:42 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Ummmm i believe that's up to you.

• I'd suggest working out but cutting back today and doing less than you have for the following days. You are sore because you are a bit hurt, so cut back and then build up more gradually. Also, be sure you do plenty of stretching after you exercise, this should help cut back on the soreness. Something else you can do is to do an aerobics type exercise one day and a weight routine the next day.

Answer by Bmat at 8:25 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Be sure and give your body at least one day a week to rebuild. If you are doing a heavy weight training routine, be sure and do upper body one day and lower body the next. That way that gives your muscles the days in between to rest and rebuild. Do your weight training first and cardio last.

Answer by lifeasinoit at 8:29 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I had the same problem this week, I have worked out Sun -today and this week expecially Mon and Tues I was feeling the pain, but I worked through it and I feel great becasue I didn't sit home on my butt! I always take the weekends off (maybe) to get a break, so I would say work through the week and take the other two days off to rest even if your sore

Answer by determind at 9:08 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• did you just start working out?

• yes... rest 24-48 hours. let your muscle rebuild and repair. you can still work out other body parts.

Answer by charisma10 at 9:23 PM on Feb. 12, 2009