Has anyone fell pregnant while having the mirena IUD in? adult content

Id like to no if there is any one out there that has fallen pregnant on the mirena , how did they know they were pregnant, how long into the pregnancy did u find out and did u bleed at any stage ?

mummy_of_two

Asked by mummy_of_two at 10:37 PM on Jan. 1, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Mirena.
    A "marina" is where you keep your boat.
    If you're going to have the thing inside you, learn how to spell it.
    Yes people can get pregnant on Mirena.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 10:40 PM on Jan. 1, 2013

• A friend of mine had hers removed because she was having terrible mood swings all of the sudden ( after a year and a half) After it's removal it was discovered that she was already 8 weeks pregnant. She had never had the devices position checks as recommended every year.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:40 PM on Jan. 1, 2013

• I'd say you need to stay out of that particular marina,lol
    it's Mirena
    Why is there at least 1 of these questions per day on here lately?
    Is this a thing where the law firms use our info for lawsuits?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:41 PM on Jan. 1, 2013

• I was just curious to no other people's experiences with the mirena* . I didn't realise other people have posted asking about people's expirences. Thanks but_mommie for sharing your friends expirence.
    mummy_of_two

Comment by mummy_of_two (original poster) at 10:47 PM on Jan. 1, 2013

• I fell once when I was pregnant with my oldest son and busted up my ankle. It wasn't anywhere near boats where I fell though.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:48 PM on Jan. 1, 2013

• I've never heard the expression "fall pregnant" before... "fall" and "pregnant" aren't words that happily co-exist, I think!

Nor is Mirena and pregnancy... an IUD pregnancy can be risky. Have you tested? If not, do so in the morning.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:06 PM on Jan. 1, 2013

• From the Mirena website:

Less than 8 in 1,000 women become pregnant over the course of the five years using Mirena. One risk of getting pregnant using Mirena is called ectopic pregnancy, when the pregnancy is not in the uterus. It may occur in the fallopian tubes. Signs of ectopic pregnancy may include unusual bleeding or abdominal pain. Ectopic pregnancy is an emergency that requires immediate medical attention and often surgery. Ectopic pregnancy can cause internal bleeding, infertility and even death. Call your healthcare provider right away if you think that you're pregnant.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:08 PM on Jan. 1, 2013

• More from Mirena:

There are also risks if you get pregnant while using Mirena and the pregnancy is in the uterus. Severe infection, miscarriage, premature delivery and even death can occur with pregnancies that continue with an intrauterine device (IUD). Because of this, your healthcare provider may try to remove Mirena, even though removing it may cause a miscarriage. If Mirena cannot be removed, talk with your healthcare provider about the benefits and risks of continuing the pregnancy.

OMG JJK I am CRYING over here!!! LMAP!!!!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:28 PM on Jan. 1, 2013

• I cried too, PGA. Hurt like a bitch.
    ;)
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:37 PM on Jan. 1, 2013