12 week old chiweenie has puked 3 times in the last half hour or so -

After the first time she downed a bunch of water so kind of thinking the last 2 times were because of that, like with a little kid.

Anyway, should I be worried? We don't have emergency vets, no animal hospitals, etc - the nearest is about 2 hours away and that's just not doable. Our own vet isn't answering his home or cell phone, and his assistant (a friend who's also puppy-sat for us) isn't replying to texts. Of course it's a holiday, grrr. Have to call anyway in the morning to schedule her 12 week shot(s)...

idareyou

Asked by idareyou at 10:47 PM on Jan. 1, 2013 in Pets

• http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090514060831AAIDucn

check this for possible reasons for puppy vomiting.

jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:07 PM on Jan. 1, 2013

• what is a chiweenie?
    could it be something this thing is choking on or ate by accident? I'd keep an eye on it and if it keeps it up you may have a problem.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:53 PM on Jan. 1, 2013

• Chihuahua / mini dachsund cross. She hasn't eaten/gotten ahold of anything that could be choking her, within that last 3 hours, and there's not really anything questionable she could have eaten before that. And just as I started replying was puke #4. She did poop (normally) about 4 hours ago but didn't eat it or anything.
    idareyou

Comment by idareyou (original poster) at 10:56 PM on Jan. 1, 2013

• Awww, poor thing. Okay, well I'd google this. I might even try calling another vet even for advice if they will give you the answering service number? Try to keep her hydrated is the most important thing. Is she otherwise acting normal? Playing, etc?
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:02 PM on Jan. 1, 2013

• Our vet's assistant finally texted back - so we're working on it lol! Pepto Bismol for the baby, if we can get her to lick it up! Then go from there! Thanks jeanclaudia!
    idareyou

Comment by idareyou (original poster) at 11:41 PM on Jan. 1, 2013