To have lap band surgery or not?

I have been contemplating getting surgery. I have tried dieting and light exercising but this extra weight makes it extremely difficult. My aunt had it done and she went from 300 lbs to a healthy 130 lbs. I did the research and I have the financials in order. I just can't help feeling like a failure. After battling my weight all of these years and not being able to exercise to my full potential I just can't do it anymore. What do you ladies think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on Jan. 2, 2013 in Health

• I wouldn't be as concerned about feeling like a failure as I would about altering the way my body functions. How much weight do you want to lose?
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:17 AM on Jan. 2, 2013

• I asked my Doctor about it. He said he had about 20 of his patients go through it.He said about half were glad they did and half regretted it. He didn't really reccommend it for me, and I need to lose well over 100 lbs.
    musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 12:25 AM on Jan. 2, 2013

• ive heard good and bad things about it.. i have a hand full of people that are extremely happy with it but others that are not so much.. as always its a risk! that you will not be happy with the results..

good luck!! :)
    mampanda0422

Answer by mampanda0422 at 12:45 AM on Jan. 2, 2013

• OP...Make sure you research all the info. Here is site for you....http://www.bariatric-surgery-source.com/lap-band-vs-gastric-bypass.html

Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 1:04 AM on Jan. 2, 2013

• Have you tried Weightwatchers? Are you losing weight at all? Do you want to lose weight or lose it *fast*?

Personally, I wouldn't consider surgery for ANYTHING if there was an alternative...

Good luck with your decision.
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 4:16 AM on Jan. 2, 2013

• Have you tried a Vegan Diet?
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 4:45 PM on Jan. 2, 2013