When seeing your baby for the first time how did you feel?

Did you cry
Was it magical
Were you relieved
Very happy that you created something beautiful

Shaketa123

Asked by Shaketa123 at 1:03 AM on Jan. 2, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Haha with my daughter, I was to happy with feeling empty that I was all smiles when I held her, I loved her of course too. I know weird and everyone thought I was crazy when they asked how I felt and I said its nice to feel empty. They looked at me like I lost my mind. But seriously, it was great to feel empty.

With my son, I cried like a baby and kept saying how glad I was to see him and how happy I was that he was finally here and how I waited so long to meet him and I couldnt wait for him to meet his sissy. And I wasnt disappointed either. She was in love the second she saw him and she was so proud.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 11:49 PM on Jan. 12, 2013

• Honestly for me it was all kind of surreal it was almost like I was on the outside looking in, it was a lot to take in.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 2:34 AM on Jan. 2, 2013

• I saw every baby story tat felt like that - my son was tried and wanted - 37 hrs of labor, - I literally felt - nothing when he was born, all I knew was I had to pee, it was crazy - such a miracle with no response.. clearly had bonding issues - it took much time with this
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:09 AM on Jan. 2, 2013

• When my oldest son was born, he had to be resuscitated. They just grabbed him and started working on him, then ran out of the room. He was about three hours old when I was finally able to see him. He was covered in wires and tubes and under an oxygen hood. He was waiting for a transfer to a better equipped hospital and I was supposed to be saying goodbye. All I could think about is if he was going to live, if he was going to have permanent brain damage. It was horrible.

When my youngest son was born, he was breathing and healthy and I was able to hold him right away. I was sobbing, both with joy and also sadness over my oldest son's birth. I don't think I had really dealt with it until then.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:17 AM on Jan. 2, 2013

• For me, it was wonderful. I had to have an emergency c-section & I was terrified, but when they held my DD up over the curtain for me to see, I started laughing & teared up. You know how the Grinch's heart grew 3 sizes? That's what it felt like. I had loved her inside of me, but seeing her just overwhelmed me with love for this beautiful little girl. It's a moment I will always treasure.
    KA91

Answer by KA91 at 1:42 AM on Jan. 2, 2013

• I remember how I felt with each kid.

With my first born I was in complete shock because he was so damn white. I mean I didn't see a drop of color in the boy LoL
    With my second born I was relieved. Even with an epidural I was in hell. He was almost 10 lbs and my body was tired.
    My youngest son I was, I don't know....kind of in a haze. He was a natural birth but I didn't feel anything when they put him in my arms. No connection. My mom said I was traumatized. Man I was just tired. LoL. Couldn't stop smelling him the next day.

With DD I was in heaven. I had wanted a baby girl for so long and having all these doctors tell me that carrying to full term was going to be impossible only made holding her even sweeter. I couldn't stop holding her. DH had a hard time getting her from me.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 2:03 AM on Jan. 2, 2013

• Totally stoked!!!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:34 AM on Jan. 2, 2013

• I instantly fell in love.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 6:00 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

• I heard her I didn't see her until the next morning. But that cry was the most beautiful thing I've ever heard then I started throwing up got knocked out.
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 6:11 PM on Jan. 2, 2013