Running.. jogging!

okay so i went for a jog today.. and i swear i was dying i couldn't breath!

do you breath through your nose and out through your mouth or in through your mouth and out through your nose?!

Asked by Anonymous at 1:32 AM on Jan. 2, 2013 in Diet & Fitness

• I just breathe through my nose. If I jog with my mouth open, my throat burns.

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:39 AM on Jan. 2, 2013

• In the nose out the mouth is best but when you are dying like that just getting oxygen is important. Good job. I need a jog.

Answer by staciandababy at 2:35 AM on Jan. 2, 2013

• ok.. thanks ladies! :)

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:09 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

• mostly a mouth breather when I'm running hard, but if I'm taking it easy, nose in, mouth out. Don't worry so much right now in the beginning, just get Oxygen in so you can keep going. Worry about "breathing right" later.

Answer by daylily888 at 3:52 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

• well i felt like was gonna die.. my chest hurt.. i haven't ran/jogged anything in like forever!

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:59 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

• I breathe in and out through my nose unless I am straining really hard and then it is time to quit. and walk

Answer by Dardenella at 4:10 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

• I have been running for 20 years and I have always breathed through my mouth. Sometimes, when Im jogging I will breathe through my nose to help relax myself. If you havent been running for a while and start again, you will breathe hard, and you will get tired . However, that is normal for getting back into it.

Answer by Kim370 at 12:31 AM on Jan. 4, 2013

• If you are struggling to the point that you won't keep up with it, slow it down. Get the Couch to 5K app and ease into running by following that program. That's how I started running and now I'm going 10miles no problem!

Answer by daylily888 at 12:31 PM on Jan. 4, 2013

• thats what i've been using the C25K! its a great app! thanks!

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:16 PM on Jan. 4, 2013

• I breathe through my nose and mouth. If I just use my nose, I can't get enough air.
    C25K is a great program! Keep it up mama!! =)

Answer by musicpisces at 5:02 AM on Jan. 6, 2013