When can a toddler use a pillow?

I know babies and toddlers do not use pillows. So when is a safe age to give a little one a pillow?

LovemyQ

Asked by LovemyQ at 8:28 PM on Feb. 12, 2009 in General Parenting

• My toddlers had pillows at a year.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 8:36 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• When your baby sleeps can they move their head?
    I think a baby can sleep with a pillow once they can
    turn their head correctly. When you can turn your
    head correctly you can make yourself comfortable,
    and make sure you can breathe. (its a reflex)
    bronxcouture

Answer by bronxcouture at 9:12 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• A baby or toddler can use a pillow when they are strong enough and have the motor control to move it off their face.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 9:35 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• my daughter is 14 months old and although, I don't let her sleep with a pillow...when she's in the living room she likes to lay down on the couch pillow, it's so cute. i used to work in day care and the center's director said that you don't need to give your child a pillow until they're 3 or 4 or even older.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 9:51 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Luci uses a pillow and he loves it. He's been using it since he was at least one... He wanted to be like mommy and daddy.
    Rachel315

Answer by Rachel315 at 10:03 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I'm not really sure.. my daughter is 14 months old, and she falls asleep at bed time using my arm as a pillow, lol, after that, i place her in her crib and she rolls over and sleeps with her head to the side, and her butt in the air. It's adorable, but I think she would just move away from a pillow even if I give it too her.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:49 PM on Feb. 12, 2009