sooo much pain!

I'm 37 weeks and keep having a constant pressure, and what feels like period cramps. Does this have anything to do with how low the baby is now, or labor being close? Also... I'm having really bad lower back pains, almost so low that it's basically at the top of my ass! Any ideas on ways to relieve that pain?

Thanks ladies!

shessohippie

Asked by shessohippie at 8:30 PM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Sounds like it could be contractions.
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 8:35 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• get down in the fetal position, butt in the air and head down maybe on a pillow, that will usually help if the baby is low then it will cause the baby to sorta rest on your middle belly and relieve a little pressure.
    workenmom

Answer by workenmom at 8:36 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Best bet is to call your DR.
    myzero

Answer by myzero at 8:36 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• a hot bath is the ONLY thing that helps with my back. Just soak for as long as you can, I try to take one before bed every night but sometimes I end up doing it in the middle of the day too. Hang in there!
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 8:47 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Deliver the baby and the pain will be gone~ Sounds like the beginning of my labor. Time to run it by the doctor.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 8:50 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• yup take a Hot bath that helps with ur back pain and if it dont go away call ur doctor
    mrz.castillo

Answer by mrz.castillo at 9:31 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Call up to your ob department at your hospital and ask them what they think. My entire labor my contractions just felt like horrible period cramps. It could just be the baby getting ready but it could be the starting of labor. Might want to check into it.
    ashtonjames

Answer by ashtonjames at 10:33 PM on Feb. 12, 2009