Treadmill or elliptical?

im about to head out now to buy an exercise machine. i used to run all the time when i had my first baby, but i'm a single mom now & have nobody to watch the kids so i can go running! so i want to buy something that i can do in the convenience of my own home. which is better for cardio and weightloss?

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 10:31 AM on Jan. 2, 2013 in Diet & Fitness

• Eliptical!!! Much easier on your joints and just all around easier
    futurebabykar

Answer by futurebabykar at 10:37 AM on Jan. 2, 2013

• from what it seems- they're easier on the wallet too! lol
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 10:41 AM on Jan. 2, 2013

• yea i have one and LOVE it!!! if im watching tv i dont even feel like im working out!! (like i dont feel like its straining on my body) but when im done i definatly feel like i got a good workout in!!
    I use to have to stop working out because my knees and ankles and back would be in so much pain!! but with my eliptical i dont have any pain... sometimes if i workout for to long my feet like fall asleep and get tingly but thats it lol - Much Better than Pain
    futurebabykar

Answer by futurebabykar at 10:50 AM on Jan. 2, 2013

• I WAS working out at the gym (but currently stopped) and my gym instructor told me that the treadmill was not good for people with knee and joint problems. I love the eliptical it totally works out every aspect of your body!
    madmueller

Answer by madmueller at 11:18 AM on Jan. 2, 2013

• I think ellipticals offer a better work out, but I personally still prefer the treadmill. Probably for that reason too - I can walk on a treadmill much, much, much longer than I can stay on an elliptical lol.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 11:19 AM on Jan. 2, 2013

• i prefer the elliptical b/c i have arthritis so it's easier on my knees and hips
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:40 AM on Jan. 2, 2013

• Honesty I see better results on the treadmill I feel like I get a better work out. The elliptical didn't do it for me. But I love running.
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 12:32 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

• I just bought a used elliptical. I ruined my knees doing distance running, skiing and gymnastics. The elliptical is better for my knees.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 3:21 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

• I have a treadmill but prefer to walk outside with friends.
    mamavalor

Answer by mamavalor at 3:34 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

• Just a thought for still getting outdoors... if you have a track nearby, plop your kiddos with some toys/books/music on a blanket in the center of the field, bring a ball for them too to play with. Then run round and round and round the kids. They get some outdoor time, you can keep an eye on them and get your workout in. The first few times, make it short (just a couple of laps) but as they get the hang of the fact that you will be running round and round and they are to play, you'll be able to go miles!
    daylily888

Answer by daylily888 at 3:51 PM on Jan. 2, 2013