Before you go pg, did you have alot of clots during your period?

I heard that clots are not a healthy sign and can mean infertility probs... IS THAT TRUE?

Do you have heavy clots? Or clots at all? How long did it take you to get pg?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:46 PM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It isn't true at all. Everyone clots. BLOOD clots. A clot just means that a little oxygen hit
    the blood and thats what happens when air hits blood, it clots. Its when the clots are
    HUGE (like bigger than an egg) is when you should worry.
    Blood clots, blood dries and turns brownish (think scabbing up)
    and its perfectly normal. It happens to everyone. It when the blood
    flow slows down a bit.
    bronxcouture

Answer by bronxcouture at 8:50 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Absolutely not true in every case. I have always had lots of clots. First time we got pregnant I we only tried for 4 months and this baby we didn't try at all. We only DTD once that month. No fertility issues here. lol
    amc9184

Answer by amc9184 at 9:03 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I did clot, a lot and huge ones (size of a large grape or bigger.). I have endometriosis and I've been told that's a part of it. But I got pregnant just fine with my first 2, no problems. I even had an IUD in place when I got pregnant with my 2nd. But I did have problems getting and maintaining a pregnancy when we tried for our 3rd. That was low progesterone levels though.

3earthangels

Answer by 3earthangels at 9:03 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• no thats not true. Clots are bigger pieces of the egg that wasnt fertilized. It just means that its all coming out. I had clots during my periods and got pregnant just fine.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 11:55 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• i did but they said it was due too coming off the iud it took 7-8 months after that too get pregnant
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:28 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I've had heavy clots since I was teenager. At first I thought there was something wrong with me but eventually accepted that it was normal. After my husband came back from Afghanistan, I got pregnant within one week. No joke! Maybe it had to do with the fact that before being having my first child, my method of birth control was condoms. I've heard that aftter going of th pill, it can take a while to get pregnant.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:15 AM on Feb. 13, 2009