My Son is back to school & I miss the little guy! It's sooo quiet here!

He was so excited to go back to school today that he bolted from his bed for breakfast but I was sad. He livens up our house so much that even his baby sister is sad. Are you glad or sad the kids are back to school?

ILovemyPaulie

Asked by ILovemyPaulie at 11:04 AM on Jan. 2, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• So sad! My 4 yo cried buckets this morning when my 11 and 12 yo walked out the door to the school bus. But I still have him and my 2 yo home with me, plus I kept my 15 yo home because he's still getting over a sore throat/fever/achy body virus. So my house still isn't quiet!

Answer by missanc at 11:17 AM on Jan. 2, 2013

• my dd goes back tomorrw. I'm going to be sad, she's my little sweetie.
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:39 AM on Jan. 2, 2013

• Mine don't go back until Monday. But right now my teens are still asleep - it's 10 am. And my 7 yr. old is off doing something in his room so it's pretty quiet around here. It's not too bad, but Monday I will miss them.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:59 AM on Jan. 2, 2013

• No. Went back to work today and my husband called in sick to lounge with the kiddo instead of sending him to holiday camp for the three days until school starts back up. But tomorrow is camp and it will be very good for him to be swimming and with friends his age. They play games and sports. Then Monday back to the routine of school. It's all good.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 9:03 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

• Actually, I am kinda happy that they are back to school. I know my kids keep it noisy and fast paced, but breaks like this one really throw off my autisitc sons schedule. He would stay up till one or two at night (and yes we tried melatonin) and then not wake up till 10 or 11 the next day. That would be fine, if I didn't also have a 5 and 10 year old at home that would wake up at 7 or 8. Mine have been back since yesterday. And I have used some of the time to catch up on sleep and get rid of toys they got for Christmas.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 3:50 PM on Jan. 3, 2013