With all the 'Am I pregnant?' questions, do you ever think...

That schools should offer/require a reproductive health class. It seems too many do not quite understand their own anatomy. I know schools already have health classes and A&P classes, but you basically just touch on the subject in those classes. IMO, it's an important issue that should be addressed in a class of its own. Any other thoughts on the subject?

mommy_jules

Asked by mommy_jules at 11:23 AM on Jan. 2, 2013 in Parenting Debate

• I think a lot of the people asking those questions aren't the type that really paid attention in school all that well.

Answer by missanc at 6:40 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

• schools do have them but people kep pushing for those classes to be removed from schools. I had that class growing up and now in my state those classes have been removed. I guess its the parents job to teach the kids not the schools but most of the time parents dont teach their kids shit.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 11:34 AM on Jan. 2, 2013

• considering porbably 70% of these questions are trollers I dont worry too much about it. I think its the parents job to teach thier children about pregancy and how it happens
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 11:47 AM on Jan. 2, 2013

• I don't get all the "am I pregnant" questions. Jeez man, it's not rocket science and when in doubt, just wait or test.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 3:19 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

• I think it's one of those issues of continuing to try and prevent it vs. accepting it. However, I think an anatomy class is important period, not just because of teen sex/pregnancy. I did take one my freshman year in high school so schools do offer it.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 11:25 AM on Jan. 2, 2013

• We had something similar during a 7th grade science class, but really it was too much info too soon for us. I understood what I was being taught, doesn't mean I got it. I think something along the lines of Taking Charge of Your Fertility should be taught to girls during high school, except with the help on how to conceive. I didn't fully understand my cycles until I was wanting to TTC our second child. I don't think many grown women understand their cycles either. It's not as simple as 28 day cycle, 14th day you ovulate, repeat.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 2:24 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

• "I think a lot of the people asking those questions aren't the type that really paid attention in school all that well."

haha you made me snort!!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:03 AM on Jan. 3, 2013

• That's part of basic biology lessons here ...
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 4:12 AM on Jan. 3, 2013

• When you have to ask the internet, instead of listening to your own body - you should definitely take a class.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 5:24 PM on Jan. 3, 2013

• Between health, biology and dedicated sex ed, we had reproductive health education at least 5 times between 4th and 12th when I was in school...20 years ago. That still doesn't prevent some of my classmates from being complete wastes of oxygen who were pregnant before graduation, some even before high school.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:49 PM on Jan. 3, 2013