With all the 'Am I pregnant?' questions, do you ever think...

That schools should offer/require a reproductive health class. It seems too many do not quite understand their own anatomy. I know schools already have health classes and A&P classes, but you basically just touch on the subject in those classes. IMO, it's an important issue that should be addressed in a class of its own. Any other thoughts on the subject?

mommy_jules

Asked by mommy_jules at 11:23 AM on Jan. 2, 2013 in Parenting Debate

• I think a lot of the people asking those questions aren't the type that really paid attention in school all that well.

Answer by missanc at 6:40 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

• Yes I wonder if people can really be that stupid.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 9:35 AM on Jan. 19, 2013

• Between health, biology and dedicated sex ed, we had reproductive health education at least 5 times between 4th and 12th when I was in school...20 years ago. That still doesn't prevent some of my classmates from being complete wastes of oxygen who were pregnant before graduation, some even before high school.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:49 PM on Jan. 3, 2013

• When you have to ask the internet, instead of listening to your own body - you should definitely take a class.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 5:24 PM on Jan. 3, 2013

• That's part of basic biology lessons here ...
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 4:12 AM on Jan. 3, 2013

• "I think a lot of the people asking those questions aren't the type that really paid attention in school all that well."

haha you made me snort!!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:03 AM on Jan. 3, 2013

• I don't get all the "am I pregnant" questions. Jeez man, it's not rocket science and when in doubt, just wait or test.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 3:19 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

• We had something similar during a 7th grade science class, but really it was too much info too soon for us. I understood what I was being taught, doesn't mean I got it. I think something along the lines of Taking Charge of Your Fertility should be taught to girls during high school, except with the help on how to conceive. I didn't fully understand my cycles until I was wanting to TTC our second child. I don't think many grown women understand their cycles either. It's not as simple as 28 day cycle, 14th day you ovulate, repeat.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 2:24 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

• I'm talking about an anatomy class specifically zoning in on the reproductive system, not necessarily sex education. It seems many women do not quite fully understand their own menstrual cycle.
    mommy_jules

Comment by mommy_jules (original poster) at 12:03 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

• considering porbably 70% of these questions are trollers I dont worry too much about it. I think its the parents job to teach thier children about pregancy and how it happens
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 11:47 AM on Jan. 2, 2013