With all the 'Am I pregnant?' questions, do you ever think...

That schools should offer/require a reproductive health class. It seems too many do not quite understand their own anatomy. I know schools already have health classes and A&P classes, but you basically just touch on the subject in those classes. IMO, it's an important issue that should be addressed in a class of its own. Any other thoughts on the subject?

mommy_jules

Asked by mommy_jules at 11:23 AM on Jan. 2, 2013 in Parenting Debate

• I think a lot of the people asking those questions aren't the type that really paid attention in school all that well.

Answer by missanc at 6:40 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

• I think it's one of those issues of continuing to try and prevent it vs. accepting it. However, I think an anatomy class is important period, not just because of teen sex/pregnancy. I did take one my freshman year in high school so schools do offer it.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 11:25 AM on Jan. 2, 2013

• schools do have them but people kep pushing for those classes to be removed from schools. I had that class growing up and now in my state those classes have been removed. I guess its the parents job to teach the kids not the schools but most of the time parents dont teach their kids shit.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 11:34 AM on Jan. 2, 2013

• considering porbably 70% of these questions are trollers I dont worry too much about it. I think its the parents job to teach thier children about pregancy and how it happens
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 11:47 AM on Jan. 2, 2013

• I'm talking about an anatomy class specifically zoning in on the reproductive system, not necessarily sex education. It seems many women do not quite fully understand their own menstrual cycle.
    mommy_jules

Comment by mommy_jules (original poster) at 12:03 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

• We had something similar during a 7th grade science class, but really it was too much info too soon for us. I understood what I was being taught, doesn't mean I got it. I think something along the lines of Taking Charge of Your Fertility should be taught to girls during high school, except with the help on how to conceive. I didn't fully understand my cycles until I was wanting to TTC our second child. I don't think many grown women understand their cycles either. It's not as simple as 28 day cycle, 14th day you ovulate, repeat.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 2:24 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

• I don't get all the "am I pregnant" questions. Jeez man, it's not rocket science and when in doubt, just wait or test.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 3:19 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

• "I think a lot of the people asking those questions aren't the type that really paid attention in school all that well."

haha you made me snort!!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:03 AM on Jan. 3, 2013

• That's part of basic biology lessons here ...
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 4:12 AM on Jan. 3, 2013

• When you have to ask the internet, instead of listening to your own body - you should definitely take a class.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 5:24 PM on Jan. 3, 2013