The Packers pay people to shovel out the stands at Lambeau Field......at $10 an hour

This led me to think. Sounds decent,but then you think,who is able to shovel for more than an hour straight?
Imagine you're out there busting your ass,and 45 min pass by. You can't go on. You go to get paid,and they hand you $7.50
You're drenched in sweat,you ache all over,and you have $7.50 to show for it. Ummm,yeah
People line up by the hundreds for the chance to do this. Go figure.

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 12:26 PM on Jan. 2, 2013 in Just for Fun

• I can see fans doing it, but I think it's not right that they're paying an unfair wage. They're definitely taking advantage of their fans. WTG on treating the people who pay your salaries with respect.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 2:01 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

• There are probably die hard fans who would do it for nothing. :p

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 1:08 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

• i think its fair and if someone wants to do it they will, & clearly people do and most probably do it just to say they did and to earn some extra spending money! -
    futurebabykar

Answer by futurebabykar at 12:44 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

• You are right. I think people want to do it for an hour just to say they did it.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:48 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

• So you take a break and go back out. If you need the money you will work. On the other hand I think maybe it is also a Team spirit thing and a look what I got to do thing. Have some one take your picture and you have something to show your kids .
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:53 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

•  << Then again, if I thought I'd have a chance at running into one of these guys, I might grab a shovel too! lol :p

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 1:11 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

• no one is being forced to work it so its fair - it really sounds like a fan thing! especially beings there are hundreds of people lining up!
    futurebabykar

Answer by futurebabykar at 1:51 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

• i also agree with mrsmom !! id do it to see that guy!! :)
    futurebabykar

Answer by futurebabykar at 1:52 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

• It is definately a team spirit thing. If it isn't worth your time, don't do it. I think it is great that the people that "own" the team actually want to contribute to the business end of it. Sometimes we are way too worried about what we are going to get paid for everything we do. Just enjoy the experience, if it is not enjoyable go home.
    AngZacc

Answer by AngZacc at 2:20 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

• I wouldn't do it... Not for the Packers anyway... but hey, no ones being forced, and its a bunch of fans out with each other doing what they want to do!!! And they are getting exercise!! It beats sitting at home watching the game stuffing your mouth with beer and nachos!! Let em do what they want...
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 3:48 PM on Jan. 2, 2013