How to stop stray cats from peeing on my front door?

angel29can

Asked by angel29can at 8:56 PM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Pets

• i heard bleech. just poor some on the steps. im not positive but thats what i heard. good luck
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 8:57 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Squirt gun. You can also buy a product called "NO" ...it has a bad odor that cats don't like (but humans can't smell it). You have to spray it every couple of days though because it wears off.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 8:59 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• yea, please do tell! what is up with this, i can't stand it and I don't even have a cat
    determind

Answer by determind at 9:04 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• where did you find stray cats??? call ASPCA!
    Anonymous

• Do you have any cats? Are they fixed? Also, to be honest I would go clean everything down with hot soapy water and vinegar, and then I would leave a bowl of dry cat food and one of water. They won't spray where they eat. Depending on your area, there are programs that will fix and notch the ear of a stray if you promise to provide food for them. It's usually the easier solution.
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 6:27 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I heard they don't like citrus. I was looking online one day because I had cats in my flower bed and it said to put something citrus in there like orange peels. I don't know if it works, I didn't try it. I broke skewers and put them in there pointy side up. The cat didn't like to step on them.
    angelacassell

Answer by angelacassell at 8:33 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I have two cats that for some reason started peeing on my exercise equip. I cleaned it with bleach, lysol, pinesol, windex, etc. etc. I finally looked it up online and it said to use vinegar and baking soda. I pour a mixture on the spot where they had been peeing and let it soak for awhile and went back and wiped it up. They have not peed there again. Good luck. Cat pee is horrible.
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 10:37 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• We get that too!! I have 11 of my own.. But many Strays come My way.. I wish they were any Spay clinics in my Area/ State There isn't! I put up with it for I Love Each Creature that comes here! Yesterday it was 2 raccoons & A oppossum!! Maybe vinegar & water!? If they're nuetered the scent isn't as Bad?? I guess he just Loves you! I know not Funny & not Helpful!! Seriously when I moved here I had 2 Cats & was Very Content!! I had my Fixed! But more keep coming ... Each one more Sad or Needy as the last.. They end up calling my house- Home!! A Neighbor I barely see teased me on that! Then a Couple years later.. I asked how many Cats he had & he Said 11!! I was so glad he took some Needy ones in.. I had A Millionaire Neighbor who always got A cat. But she never toook Care of it & it always Came here!! Every AM to eat Breakfast! He got Ran over! She left his Body lay there! DH made A Coffin & We buried him. Good Luck to you!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 9:30 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• Put a cheap can or bag of food out it's a dollar
    Caramel824

Answer by Caramel824 at 10:58 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• Sprinkle cayenne pepper on your steps and where they pee. It will deter them from coming back as well. I used it when my cat was determined to sleep in my babies crib. (My baby isnt born yet) I sprinkled it on the mattress for 2 weeks and now she wont even go in there!
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 2:17 AM on Feb. 16, 2009