Do you or your kids have a metal detector?

I always wanted one. Have you ever found anything good?

ILovemyPaulie

Asked by ILovemyPaulie at 1:21 PM on Jan. 2, 2013 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Nope but we just replaced DFIL's detector for Christmas. He has found lots of things including a good bit of cash. He loves it and has a good time.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:37 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

• I'm saving that for retirement
    My Uncle Steve had one. He found alot of really old nails in the woods,and found a diamond wedding ring on the side of a country road. He said it was down almost a foot,so who knows how many years it was there. Probably some jilted woman threw it out the car window,lol

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:23 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

• My husband has one that he uses in his work. It's pretty high tech, and we did use it once to find an engagement ring that was lost at our daughter's out-door wedding reception.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 1:29 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

• My kids have one. We take it Up North to an old farm house my FIL grew up in. They've found old hand made nails, an old spoon, bullet casings. Nothing valuable but they have a lot of fun with it.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 3:08 PM on Jan. 2, 2013