Jr

so i was wondering if the middle name has to be the same to be a jr,i didn't put it in my son's name though people are calling him a jr.
i'm just unclear dh didn't want a jr so we gave him a different middle name but i'm now not sure if that doesn't make him a jr.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:28 PM on Jan. 2, 2013 in Baby Names

• He may not put jr. at the end of his name officially unless the name is exactly the same. People have to find ways to say Mike and mot have everyone in the room turn around or come. Some people say big Mike and Little Mike some just say J. because you have Mike and then his son who is also Mike. Technically they are wrong but it helps them differentiate.

So unless you call one Mike and one Michael or Micky or MJ  they are going to do it.

Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:34 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

• If they have a different middle name then he is not a Jr.I believe. My Son has his Dad's name but a different middle name too. People sometimes call him Jr. I don't mind though.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:30 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

• Technically, yes. They are not a 2nd or 3rd if the entire time isn't the same. But you can call your child whatever you'd like. My cousin has the same first name as his father but they have different middle names and when he was little everyone still called him either Little David or David Jr.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 1:31 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

• i don't normally mind it just got me thinking about it, cause dh was named for his dad who passed before he was born so it would really make him a III lol
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:33 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

• Agreed
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:45 PM on Jan. 2, 2013