How did you announce your Pregnancy?

Hey everyone, dh and I are looking for creative/funny ways to tell our families we're pregnant. (we thought of getting the shirt that says "All I wanted was a back rub" and wear that when we have dinner with the fam but not quite decided yet - DH wants something they'll have to think a little before they realize what's going on) Any ideas? what did you do?

javagirl531

Asked by javagirl531 at 1:49 PM on Jan. 2, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Do you have an older child or is this your first? All my ideas only work if you already have a kid or two ;o)
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 1:52 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

• Shirt that says "all i got for ___(Christmas, new years, etc.) was knocked up!!"
    futurebabykar

Answer by futurebabykar at 2:39 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

• :) Well, I took my parents out to eat so they wouldn't make a big scene b/c Im 19 and pregnant so I told mine that way and it all worked out haha just seeing there faces when they couldn't yell I loved that!!!
    Shaketa123

Answer by Shaketa123 at 3:21 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

• With my first- We wrapped up bibs that said ' I love Grandma / I love Grandpa and gave it to them for Christmas
    With the second- we invited the families to dinner and DS wore a shirt that said ' I am the Big Brother'
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:33 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

• The only "creative" way we ever told anyone about my pregnancies was this last one...we were dreading telling my hub's mother that I was pregnant again (as with all the others, she whined and bitched "you can't afford kids, you shouldn't be having any more" blah blah blah, like that is HER decision). So I made my husband call her up. She was at some convention or something, and my husband made it seem like we were getting a divorce. Believe me, she was much more happier to hear we were expecting again rather than divorcing!
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 10:08 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

• idareyou, this is our first.
    javagirl531

Comment by javagirl531 (original poster) at 6:15 AM on Jan. 3, 2013