• In the Spotlight:

Why scared of the potty ??

My 2 1/2 year old daugher was using the potty almost completly outof pull ups at 2 then i had number 2 and she refused to use the potty she wanted to be changed like the baby. now She has good days and uses the potty all day but others where she act like we are torturing her to be put on the potty any suggestions to help ease the pain of using the potty all the time make it fun to be a big girl and not a baby?

shames85

Asked by shames85 at 9:18 PM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I was told that sometimes when doing #2 in the potty it hurts them and scares them due to the nerves down there. So, it may be physical pain that has scared her and not exactly the potty. I just can't remember what they said to do if this problem arose. Maybe make sure she is getting a lot of water and fiber will help some if it is due to pain.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:40 AM on Feb. 13, 2009