Is it ok?

So I have an 19month old son and I'm pregnant with my second and I was thinking about having a baby shower for this one only if it's a girl, because I still have all my boy stuff but no girl stuff. Is it ok to have another? What do you think?

Mrs.Jolly

Asked by Mrs.Jolly at 9:21 PM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My thought is that baby showers are to celebrate the new arrival of a child. I think each child deserves one regardless if they are all the same sex.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 9:25 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• If someone throws it for you, why not? I am not having a second one though.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 9:25 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• SURE IT NEVER HURTS TO HAVE ONE IN THE FIRST PLACE JUST LET UR SON KNOW HIS GONNA BE A BIG BROTHER AND THAT THE PARTY IS FOR THE BABY AND THAT HE WILL GET HIS PARTY IN A FEW MONTHS..... WELL DATS WAT I THINK....
    mrz.castillo

Answer by mrz.castillo at 9:25 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I had a baby shower with my first, a girl. Now, I'm pregnant with a boy and didn't think to have another...but, I think it's okay if you want a baby shower for your second baby especially if it's a different gender.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 9:39 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Throw your baby a welcoming party! I'm still disappointed that my second didn't get hers even though both families said they were having one...just made a note on the invitations that gifts aren't necessary if it's the same gender as your first...
    Congrats =)
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 10:05 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• yes why not, even if you were having anothe boy it's a new celebration for a new baby no matter what. I have two girls and I had baby showers for both of them. Family and friends gathering around to celebrate a new life. Your new baby boy or not deserves that celebration!!
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 11:53 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I feel you can have a baby shower with each child..if it turns out your having a boy again, maybe have a diaper shower....where everyone brings diapers!!
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 12:00 AM on Feb. 13, 2009