My boyfriend is just (ugh)

I'm sorry bt leaving the toliet seat up and never making up his side of the bed and when he cooks he never cleans the dishs bt he will baby proof the house really weird if there are any women who have been through please help me try to fix him

Shaketa123

Asked by Shaketa123 at 3:17 PM on Jan. 2, 2013 in Relationships

• Ok,calmly sit down with him and explain that you'd appreciate his help by cleaning up after himself. Use "I" sentences,not "you" ones.
    Tell him,"I feel(fill in the blank) when you leave stuff for me to clean up.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:27 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

• I do not believe in "fixing" people.
    It should like he has an idea of what men "do" and that is what he is doing. You can tell him this really bugs you. I would also ask him if there is something you do that really bugs him. Then you can agree to try to make improvements in the areas that bother the other.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 3:20 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

• How is he otherwise? Are these the worst things he does?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:19 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

• explain how it makes you feel and give him time to decide if he wants to do these things to make you happy but i wouldnt make him! my husband never makes the bed... and he only does the dishes once in a blue moon and it took me 5 years to get him to pick up after himself and put his dishes in the sink!! good luck but look on the bright side of everything! hopefully the goods out weight these bads!!
    futurebabykar

Answer by futurebabykar at 3:36 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

• I agree that you need to sit down and have an adult conversation with him, tell him the things you need using "I" sentences like butterflyblue said. Nagging never works on anyone and just builds resentment.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 3:44 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

• I'd do a trade off; If he won't make the bed, or put the toilet seat down, then accept those chores as your's. He can clean the bathroom once/twice a week. If he won't do the dishes, then it's his job to take out the trash. Eventually; he will come to you and ask for another chore to do (as he'll hate cleaning the bathroom (trust me) and you can take whatever you hate doing and trade him, or you do chores one week and he does them the next. This way you both get a break. Doing things together; is the best option as it gives you both some quality chat time, and each one of you will appreciate what the other has accomplished.
    Sierrarose99

Answer by Sierrarose99 at 4:04 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

• Are you living with him? I wouldn't put up with that.
    BeachMommy07

Answer by BeachMommy07 at 12:05 PM on Jan. 3, 2013

• im stuck on something. why would he baby proof the house if any women have come through?
    lizzybee44

Answer by lizzybee44 at 1:26 AM on Jan. 4, 2013

• butterflyblue19 the worse thing he does is let his friends get in our business and I don't like that
    Shaketa123

Comment by Shaketa123 (original poster) at 3:23 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

• BeachMiommy07 Yes we are living together
    Shaketa123

Comment by Shaketa123 (original poster) at 3:26 PM on Jan. 3, 2013