is there a better birth control then depo provera

i have been on depo privera since the age of 16 i am 24 i have a daughter that is 2 and since giving birth to her i immediately started depo and continued to shots until oct which was the last they last three months and i started having sore enlarged breast ,naseau,etc on jan 2oth i started my mens which lasted until yesterday i also found out the last doctors visit that i have a very low calcium count . as you have heard depo has not been so kind , i plan on having at least one more child by the time my daughter is 5. what other options do i have?

chedda

Asked by chedda at 9:39 PM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Health

• Mirena! It stays put for up to 5 years and can be taken out whenever you want and you can start trying right away. No pills, no shot, no rings every month. It's great and no discomfort. It's inserted in one visit. I can't praise it enough!
    Momma2beauties

Answer by Momma2beauties at 9:46 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I forgot to mention it's breast feeding safe!
    Momma2beauties

Answer by Momma2beauties at 9:47 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• EEWWWWW I hated depro.I passed out one time from it.Lady rammed it in my arm. I went nuts looking for my PERIOD!I did like pills better.But now I LOVE cycle beads and use spermicide on unsafe days.
    Anonymous

• I have a Mirena as well, and am also a BIG fan. No muss, no fuss, and best of all.....peace of mind.
    Colemama

Answer by Colemama at 11:31 PM on Feb. 12, 2009