Tag reading system for a 4 year old?

Does anyone have one for a child around age 4? Does your child like it? Have you had problems with it? Do you think it was worth the cost?

DD had a Tag Jr. when she was 2-3ish, but never liked it. Then someone got her a reading system similar to Tag, but harder to find books for and she loved it, so I think she'll like the Tag, but I've read so many mixed reviews about it, I'm wondering if it would be worth buying.

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 4:08 PM on Jan. 2, 2013 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Look on craigslist. We got a TAG junior for our 3 year old- she digs it but it reads the whole page and not each word or letter.

It was 15 dollars for the reader, 4 books and a carrying case. Buy used.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 5:18 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

• We have the Tag reader. My 4 yo isn't all that into it for long periods of time but he will sit and "read" one book or two. I've had no problems with it - very easy to set up, almost exactly like the Tag Jr. I do like that it asks questions about what they are reading rather than just straight reading the book, so they have to think about it.

Answer by missanc at 6:36 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

• my parents bought one for my DD for Christmas. shes 4 and loves it! she loves that she can read books "on her own" even tho she still has to tag every single word haha. ive also seen a good improvement in her vocabulary.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 3:02 PM on Jan. 4, 2013

• DD has had her Tag since she was 4 and loved it then...and loves it now at almost 7. Even on the books where she can outright read herself, she still likes to play the ones that have little games.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 1:08 AM on Jan. 7, 2013