Vent

Why is it that people who write or publish books of patterns, do not make sure the directions are correct?

It totally ticks me off. You pay for the pattern, not cheap, and all the materials and the time and the pieces do not line up , match UGH.

I have been quilting 30 years and it always makes me mad.

Dardenella

Asked by Dardenella at 4:20 PM on Jan. 2, 2013 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Same thing happens in knitting patterns. It's like they assume that oh, there's a mistake? No worries I'll just post the correction online on some obscure website so people are sure to find it.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 4:31 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

• My heart goes out to you, seriously. It's bad enough when something is your own mistake or miscalculation, but when you get it all "right" and it's still not right? So frustrating.
    girlwithC

Answer by girlwithC at 11:27 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

• And the same thing happens in cook books - especially those by major TV chefs. You follow their instructions to the letter and still end off with goop.
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 4:05 AM on Jan. 3, 2013

• I know Ginger but at least when I knit I can reclaim the yarn and start again or do something different.
    Dardenella

Comment by Dardenella (original poster) at 12:31 AM on Jan. 3, 2013

• Winterglow you are right there
    Dardenella

Comment by Dardenella (original poster) at 12:15 PM on Jan. 3, 2013