Kinda freakin' out....

I have an eye appt in the morning and I am so scared that they are going to tell me bad news. I have been having some vision problems in my left eye for a bit and it's not going away. I have been having white flashes and my peripheral vision isn't what it used to be.

I am scared they are going to tell me I have a retinal tear or something. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it isn't anything major. But my luck it will be something they can't fix. :0/

Have any of you ladies had this problem? If so, what was the outcome?

Please send happy thoughts that all will be ok...Thanks so much!!

goofygalno1

Asked by goofygalno1 at 4:40 PM on Jan. 2, 2013 in Health

• Best to just go. It can be something minor like an infection or a mild injury. Good Luck.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 4:43 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

• i was having some vision problems too and also worried that there was something wrong with my retinas. i had an eye exam and turns out my eye health is just fine! i was diagnosed with a mild astigmatism & a tiny spot inside the eye but nothing major.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:47 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

• let us know what they say!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 5:17 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

• I had the same thing the beginning of last summer. It started when all of a sudden I saw a HUGE floater occur over night in my left eye. It's a huge black blob right in the center of my vision. That night I started to see bright white flashes in the upper left of my eye. I went to the Opthamologist the next morning & he confirmed the floater & checked & thank goodness I had no retinal tear. The flashes were associated with the breaking off of the floater (vitreous fluid? not sure the terminology). Anyway my peripheral vision is still not great on the left & I still have occasional flashes. No tear but the floater is there to stay. Hope all is well with you too. Do you have high blood pressure BTW? Have that checked too!

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 5:33 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

• I actually do have nerve damage from an old auto accident, but mine causes double vision. It does affect my peripheral vision occassionally and I get flashes. All it takes to fix it though is some prisms in my lens (which I am STILL waiting for after a visit 2 weeks ago!). I am sure you will be fine. Stay positive hun!
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 12:10 AM on Jan. 3, 2013

• Thanks ladies... I am hoping all is going to be ok. And as for the high BP, I probably do now. I have been so stressed here lately. I need to stop reading the net regarding the symptoms I have. Will let you all know how it goes. I am keeping my fingers crossed!!
    goofygalno1

Comment by goofygalno1 (original poster) at 12:39 AM on Jan. 3, 2013

• Oh, get yout thyroid checked too. Underactive thyroid can effect your eyes as well. GL! Let us know :)
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:53 PM on Jan. 3, 2013

• Thanks Paulie... they rescheduled it for 2:30 this afternoon so I have to wait... ughh I hate waiting. I am sitting here thinking the worst!! It just bothers me at how I am seeing out of it. I am straining my eyes to see everything and it's giving me headaches! I am seriously freaking out!!
    goofygalno1

Comment by goofygalno1 (original poster) at 1:00 PM on Jan. 3, 2013