Give me a new idea....

Need a new chicken/meal idea...What can I do different with chicken breasts? Was going to make a pot pie, but don't have any mixed vegetables...

Ruthmom802

Asked by Ruthmom802 at 4:48 PM on Jan. 2, 2013 in Food & Drink

• It has not name that I am aware of but we LOVE this casserole.

Cook the chicken and tear it up in the bottom of a 13x9 inch pan
    mix together a can of cream chicken soup and a small container of sour cream then pour over the chicken
    top with mashed potatoes ( home made is best- instant works
    then top with crumbled ritz crackers and drizzle with melted butter
    Heat at 350 for about 25-30 minutes or until bubbling and the ritz have browned.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:58 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

• chicken tacos? any casserole and add diced chicken. I don't know, I'm kind of off chicken right now.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 4:49 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

• Ooh! My SIL made this for Christmas dinner - her original recipe used macadamia nuts but she misplaced them and used pecans instead. Mix crushed macadamias or pecans with some plain breadcrumbs and a little parmasan cheese. Coat the chicken breasts in that and bake. While baking make a raspberry sauce (she used frozen berries and artificial sweetener, just cooked it down until it was saucy), serve the chicken with the sauce. I had major reservations about trying it but it was amazing!
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 4:57 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

• Or this recipe is fabulous as well- it calls for regular potato chips but trust me Sour cream and onion chips make it yum and I have been wanting to try it with Kettle brand Red chili... Link

But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:01 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

• Do you have other veggies that you can make your own version of mixed? I've done that before. I'm experimenting tonight - I'm using canned chicken since it's what I have, with mixed veggies, and I'll probably use cream of crap soup. Putting hashbrown potatoes on top, then some cheese on top of that. Kind of like tater tot hotdish.

Otherwise one of my kids' favorite meals that MIL makes (using cream of crap soup) is to mix rice, milk and soup in a baking dish, put the chicken on top (cook it first), add some veggies (she usually uses broccoli or a mix of broccoli, carrots, and cauliflower), bake it til it's done then top it with some cheese.

Chicken fajitas or quesadillas if you have torillas, chicken soup or stew.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 4:55 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

• We do chicken Parmesan -
    chicken
    breading
    spaghetti sauce
    shredded parmesan or mozzerella

bread the chicken and pan fry until a crust is formed
    Pour the most of the spaghetti sauce into the bottom of a casserole pan
    Arrange the chicken in the pan and put a little spaghetti sauce on each piece of chicken
    sprinkle the top with cheese and cover with aluminum foil
    Bake at 350F for 30-45 minutes or until done

Serve over spaghetti noodles
    amandajoy21

Answer by amandajoy21 at 7:22 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

• Can I tell you an Asian dish. Take a chopped onion and fry it in 2 tb spoon of oil, becoming brownish put chicken breast in it , also put salt to taste, 1 t-spoon of black pepper, 1 t-spoon vinegar and stir it to try for 3-4 min. Then put 2 cup of water (if rice is 1 cup,and rinse it 15 min before cooking). When water is boiling put rice in it , you must check salt in it. when water becomes little , slow down the stove, cover the sauce pan and leave it for 15 min. You can also add some vegetables.

kity-bity

Answer by kity-bity at 3:20 AM on Jan. 3, 2013

• General Tso's
    Chicken kebabs
    A good idea is to buy a package of falafel mixture. Make a loose batter (pancake consistency) with seltzer water, or use the mixture as breading for chicken fingers or cut it into bite sizes and deep fry it. Serve with hummus, tahini sauce and tabbouleh, or a nice couscous.

momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 7:39 PM on Jan. 3, 2013