what healthy food or drinks can i give my two year old toddler

she crys and says it hurts her ,when she needs to do a poop n often hides when she trys to do one almost as if she is shy or embarrassed, what can i do to help her

AuntyDebbi

Asked by AuntyDebbi at 5:19 PM on Jan. 2, 2013 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Water
    prune juice
    apples,whole wheat bread,carrots,squash
    If it persists,Pedialax

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:23 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

• Everything butterfly said- only I would add raisins to the list.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:30 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

• Be careful with whole wheat bread and read the label. A lot of it is just white bread (and a whole lot of junk) with a little whole wheat thrown in to make you think you've made a good choice.

Lots of fruits and veggies. Lots of water. The more she drinks, the better off she will be.

And if raisins (or other dried fruits) don't help, then I would look at probiotics, maybe psyllium husks, then maybe a laxative.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 5:37 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

• Prunes are pretty chewy whole for a 2 yr old. Make oatmeal and stir in some plum Amazins ( or dice whole prunes. My kids also love golden raisins in oatmeal, increase the water intake. My grandson has to have an enema if he doesn't move his bowels for 2 days. He has had 2 bowel obstructions. Fiber Plus bars everyday go a long way to keep him regular and he thinks it's just a great granola bar.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:40 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

• fiber and water
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 6:22 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

• Prunes or a small amt of Karo syrup normally does the trick. Stay away from bananas and cheese Etc if she is in fact constipated.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 3:24 AM on Jan. 3, 2013

• Cuties juice

http://www.cutiesjuice.com/
    Diamond2010

Answer by Diamond2010 at 8:07 PM on Jan. 10, 2013