So will these "righteous" companies balk at covering male birth control?

Local news just had a report on 2 versions in testing - one is essentially a male version of the pill, another prevents the testicles from producing sperm. Will Hobby Lobby, Domino's, et al have an issue with paying for their MALE employees to prevent contraception, too, or do they only care about women not having access?

Similarly, when they forbid "sterilization surgery" are they also refusing vasectomy, or is that only tubals?

Asked by NotPanicking at 5:26 PM on Jan. 2, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• Oh what a hayday. I cannot WAIT to see how this unfolds. Men taking a pill? Will that day ever come? I sure as hell hope guys will do this so their hormones can get screwed with and we can call them psycho.

Answer by jeanclaudia at 5:31 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

• From a Catholics point of view... all BC is evil. Male or female, tubal or vasectomy... they will stand their ground for both male and female if their argument is what they have always said it is, which is, God gives life and we should not deter that in any way.

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 5:36 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

• Well if they dont think of the can of worms it will open for them. If their beliefs are so strong it should be for both sexes not just women.

Answer by skinnyslokita at 6:15 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

• No idea,. I do not have any idea what their present plan covers.

Answer by Dardenella at 6:16 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

• I would expect them to apply their beliefs to both male and female birth control.

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 6:18 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

• It depends on the religion now doesn't it. A Catholic organization is going to balk at covering any bc. The Hobby Lobby people are only saying this because they do not want to be required to cover a pill that THEY believe causes abortions. I don't see where they would have a problem covering male birth control. They are not attacking women or being hateful here, they are simply standing up for what they believe to the core of their being and as they go so far as to close doors on a major money making day I don't see how you can doubt this. I support them. It is NOT DENYING you birth control because they wont PAY for it.

Answer by momof030404 at 6:33 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

• Denying employees insurance will also force people to have to pay full price for other meds
    Do you think it's fair for employees to have to pay out of pocket hundred of dollars a month for high blood pressure meds or diabetes meds,momof30404,so that they can feel they've save a fetus from imminent death by not covering BC pills?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:44 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

• does the plan cover viagra?

Answer by sahmamax2 at 6:49 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

• I'll bet you dollars to donuts it does,sahmamax2

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:54 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

• Yea, I'm sure it does too. It's important the guy can get it up and make MORE babies!!

Answer by sahmamax2 at 6:56 PM on Jan. 2, 2013