What is the best way to start Potty Training my son?

Coryssa1989

Asked by Coryssa1989 at 9:55 PM on Feb. 12, 2009 in General Parenting

• i did bare bottoms with my two oldest boys. And to be honest they really potty trained them selfs. I left it up to them if they wanted to use the potty or have a diaper on. they was both potty trained in a day when they decieded they wanted to do it.
    momto4boys03-07

Answer by momto4boys03-07 at 10:08 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I really don't know how to answer you because I am having a hard time now with my almost 3 year old daughter. This has been the hardest time for us.
    AnnieandBella

Answer by AnnieandBella at 10:51 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• With my daughter was really easy i mean so easy that i don't even understand how people complain. One thing i did was I bought a potty really early like when she was just one and a few months and puted on the bathroom whenever i went she would fallow me and then i would put her down there and clap, make a big party. once in a while when i new she was going to poop on her diper i would go and put her on the potty and then clap and make a big deal. She would love it and thought it was really fun. Then when i noticed that she could communicate to me that she needed to go i decided that i would stay a whole week without leaving the house and left her without dipers, i told her many many times that she was a big girl and that she was wearing big girls undeawer, she was only 1year and 9 months, during the day i would ask her if she needed to go and when she did pee on herself which she did i would say potty??!!! she would freak out
    Mommy_Gi

Answer by Mommy_Gi at 12:12 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• and say potty potty!!! she peeded 3 times and then she noticed that she would be all wet and cold so after that she asked for potty. i didn't put a diper on her at all (just at nights) for 5 days, but after 3 days she wasn't peeing all over the house anymore. It really worked for me. If you have an older child i would take his diper and say the same thing that he is a big boy and you cannot leave the house till he understand, because if you do leave the house you will have to put a diper on so will just confuse him more. you need to make him understand that this real and will not change. My daughter was off dipers at night and even outside in less than a month. She hated dipers after while. Hope you will have success!!!
    Mommy_Gi

Answer by Mommy_Gi at 12:17 AM on Feb. 13, 2009