Have you heard about this? I think it is horrible. This poor girl.

Teen puts her virginity on the market to help her mother
1 hr ago
As audiences weep over poor fictional Fantine in "Les Miz" and the desperate day hundreds of years ago when she had to sell her body to care for her daughter, real-life 18-year-old Rebecca Bernardo is offering her virginity to care for her ailing mother, who had a stroke. The Brazilian teen's father is not a part of her life and her older sister passed away years ago, so Bernardo, who speaks Portuguese in the video above, feels her only hope is to find some Super Creep willing to pay for morally questionable teen sex (one such creep has already ponied up $35,000). Her mother is said to oppose the plan. [Source]

booklover545

Asked by booklover545 at 6:42 PM on Jan. 2, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• If I did not have the means (which most 18 years don't) and it would help my mother I most likely would. What does viginity mean at the cost of your mom? We all know how high medical bills can get and if the mom has serious problems they could grow even higher. She may become a prostitute in the end but would you to save your own mom if you felt you had no other way? I know that I would do whatever it took to save mine.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 11:40 AM on Jan. 3, 2013

• Hopefully some wealthy person reads her story and gives her the money out of compassion.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 6:56 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

• I'm with virginiamama, I'm sure someone will donate the money. ick. count your blessings.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:23 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

• I went to look it up on snopes, not even on there yet...
    This story is absolutely sad as heck that she can't find another way to help her mother
    madmueller

Answer by madmueller at 8:25 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

• That's so horrible to feel you have no other choice but to sell something so precious. I hope the super creep "donates" the money w/out expecting anything but a thank you!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:45 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

• I am assuming 35K goes a lot further in Brazil than it does here, but it won't last forever so basically she's just deciding to become a prostitute. What is she going to do 10-15 years from now when she's worn out and nobody will pay for what she has to offer? I seriously hope she reconsiders what she's doing!

Answer by missanc at 6:45 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

• 35 k will go crazy far there. But really, get a job maybe?
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 6:52 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

• I do not know that he is morally objectionable since she is of lrgal age.
    I am sorry that she has chosen prostitution as a way t pay some bills but it is her choice.
    Personally I would look to find what ever aid I could get for my mother.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:32 AM on Jan. 3, 2013