Just curious, how many of you, and the family have been sick?

This seems like the flu that will not quit, the only person (me) not to get a flu shot, got sick, but briefly, DH, DD, DS, have gotten sick right in row, no birtday party, no Christmas Eve dinner, and NO New Year's dinner, we plan on celebrating Friday, GOD willing everyone is well.

jerseydiva

Asked by jerseydiva at 7:11 PM on Jan. 2, 2013 in Holidays

• DH and I have one lung left between us! We both have this runny nose/ chest hack that has left the kids unaffected thankfully. Mucinex DM seems to be helping, though.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 11:21 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

• DS had a 4 day bug - a crazy one that's been going around. No one else in the house got it thank goodness. No flu shots here. I had a sinus/ear infection a while back and DH has one now, otherwise we've been healthy, even after being exposed to a bunch of crud.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 7:17 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

• We all have -had it. I had the shot and I was good in about a day and a half, my friend who didn't get the shot is going on 12 days with it now she's so sick it's ridiculous, if it doesn't improve by Friday she's getting admitted to the hospital. Crazy
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 7:19 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

• half of us were sick. not sure if it was the flu or what but fever for two days, wicked sore throat, nose that won't stop running. it's been 9 days and I still feel crappy.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:21 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

• My dh and I both got that flu in October. My oldest got it two weeks ago and it got so bad after Christmas that he had to be put on an antibiotic for pneumonia, plus steroids and a nubulizer for his lungs. My younger two were given the Tamiflu and didn't get very sick. My mom has it too and is so very sick. She went to the doc today and he said she has to just wait it out.

UGH! It is a bad one!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 7:26 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

• My son had tracheitis,I have bronchitis right now. DH lucked out so far

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:27 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

• Both my brother's twins, my son, my dad and my brother all got sick with the never-ending cough/cold/whatthehellever it was.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 7:38 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

• :(!!!

I am starting to feel sick for the first time this season. Haven't been sick for a while. SO hasn't been sick neither has DD
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 7:43 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

• I've been sick since September 15th. No joke. I get over one cold and I get another...
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 7:59 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

• DS is sick, but its an ear infection that caused him to throw up. the Dr checked him for flu and said its been pretty bad this year & expects it only to get worse.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 8:33 PM on Jan. 2, 2013