Switching from Infant formula to toddler formula.... simple question, please be nice

So in a couple minutes i must run and get formula... DD is 8 1/2 months old and the store didnt have her usual kind but they have the same brand but the 9-24 months stuff... first whats the different and do u think it would matter if i got that instead and just kept her on it

LuvsDanika

Asked by LuvsDanika at 9:56 PM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't think it would affect her much. Thanks for paying for your own formula:)
    Anonymous

• It will work, but the toddler stuff really isn't necessary. The formula companies are trying to cover the time now that an infant/toddler would normally be breastfeeding. I think it has higher calcium and lower fat on the toddler stuff, but I am not quite sure.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 9:58 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I actually get an AWESOME deal on formula, its just i forgot to call the guy and so now i have to pay full price :( I get good start 32 oz cans for 11.00 a piece !!!! I know someone who works for alcon and he gets it for me... he has been a blessing. But yes i could have gotten wic but chose not to, first its a hassle to go to the appts, and second im the one who decided to have a baby!
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 9:59 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• The difference is nutritional. It also has less fat, which your DD needs for proper brain development.
    I don't think it will make a HUGE difference for one night or so, but it's probably better to go out the next day and get regular infant formula. Maybe you can keep that as a backup can in case you run out again.
    Really, the 9-24 month formula isn't neccesary at all. You can keep her on regular formula until she's 12 months, then switch her to whole milk :)
    kk_bella

Answer by kk_bella at 10:00 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• But dont think i am bashing anyone who gets wic... to each their own
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 10:00 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Good for you LuvsDanika:) I used to buy formula off of ebay and got some good deals too!
    Anonymous

• ok so you guys think that the toddler stuff has less fat? Maybe thats a good thing because my 8 1/2 month old weighs 24.4 lbs... Maybe i should just keep her on it ? or not?
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 10:04 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I honestly would stick with regular. She is too young to diet. The fat is essential to her brain development.
    I'm a breastfeeding WIC mom that had to supplement and bought my own formula. I have listend to too many girls round here complain WIC didn't give them enough formula. Thank you for not abusing the system.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 10:17 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• well colleen, i know what you are saying... and wic isnt supposed to supply you with ALL the formula u will need, just help you out... So those moms should be happy with what they DO get!! :-D
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 10:19 PM on Feb. 12, 2009