Birth Certifcate

So if my daughter has her bioliogical fathers name on her birth certificate and not the man that I am married to name is this a problem. He is legally her father once his name is on the birth certificate correct

the husband is not the father, the boyfriend is the bio father

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:47 PM on Jan. 2, 2013 in Relationships

• Why would it be a problem? In reference to what?
    yes,he's her legal father,he's the bio dad

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:49 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

• Are you asking if it's a problem if you are married, but somebody else got you pregnant and you put their name on the birth certificate instead of your husband?
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 8:50 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

• Who ever listed on the birth certificate is the legal parent.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 9:10 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

• Depends on the state, for example in my state if you are married that is the "legal" father, even if it isn't the biological father. If you are married and are pregnant by someone else, you must look at the laws of YOUR state. If you were married and had a baby with that father, you can't just "change" the birth certificate, this is a legal issue, and one that could be very important.
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 9:22 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

• In most states and provinces, if you are married, the resulting child is presumed to be that of your husbands. Your husband could have legal rights to the child as by law she is "born in lawful wedlock". I would consult a family law attourney if you are having legal issues.
    vampporcupine

Answer by vampporcupine at 9:41 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

• I'm just wondering why this is all the sudden a question. The child is how old?
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 11:16 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

• all i know is whosevers name is on the birth certificate has to pay child support
    lizzybee44

Answer by lizzybee44 at 12:59 AM on Jan. 3, 2013

• I think you will need a lawyer to help you file the proper papers and prpbably have a DNA test to prove it. Your ex will be off the hook for CS
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:09 AM on Jan. 3, 2013

• In Qur'an ALLAH says, " Call your adopted sons after their true father, that is more equitable in the sight of ALLAH".
    I think you understand it better than me.
    kity-bity

Answer by kity-bity at 2:47 AM on Jan. 3, 2013

• Who ever is listed as the father on the BC is the legal father,period.The only way your husband could have a legal right to this child is if you were to have another mans child during your marriage and did not list any one as the father on the BC(then your dh could adopt your child with no problem) .You could get the bio dad to sign rights away so your husband could adopt your child,that is subject to what laws each state has.Once you list some one has a father on a BC that man is the legal father whether he is bio or not.
    singlemom416

Answer by singlemom416 at 12:54 PM on Jan. 3, 2013