Post baby hair and 14 inches...

So I have been coloring my hair since I was 18ish. So it's pretty fried. Then I decided to add a pregnancy to "old lady" hormones. Yeah, I'm a dork.

What I was left with was hair that was extremely damaged and breaking off at about one inch from the scalp if I applied any heat to it.

Pulled it all back in a pony tail and told 14 yo to cut it off. She couldn't keep the scissors straight. I could see her tipping up!

One side is longer than the other and I am truly thinking "Carol". I really want to Rock the buzz...

So here is the question, did you do any drastic haircuts after any of your kids?

feralxat

Asked by feralxat at 9:55 PM on Jan. 2, 2013 in Beauty & Style

• I think you look great.

(Am I the only one who doesn't get the Carol reference?) Who is Carol?
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 3:18 PM on Jan. 3, 2013

• You look good with short hair I think a pixie cut would look Awsome on you. I could never pull it off I tried a chin length bob and cried never again lol I'd have to buy a wig if my hair started breaking off.
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 10:23 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

• It's darling! Keep the short!
    madmueller

Answer by madmueller at 10:03 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

• PICS!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 9:59 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

• I think you could totally rock the Carol look! I would love to go that short for the freedom but would be too chicken to actually do it. I would probably get a lot of concerned comments too from people thinking I had gone through chemo or something and it was barely growing back...
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 10:07 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

• After kids, no. My baby is almost 6 and I did go from shoulder length to chopped off last year, and keep going shorter every time I get it trimmed. I have no idea what you looked like with it long, but it looks great short, even if it is "messed up" ;o)
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 10:11 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

• You can always leave a little more hair
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 10:38 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

• Buzz it baby!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 11:32 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

• I love it! You can totally do the Carol cut if you want too. It'll grow super fast if you really buzz it. You'd be like two months with uber short hair but it would be cute! Maybe to be sure, wear it like it is for a week or so and see how it holds up. Then decide. But you have great bones, wide eyes and good brows to do whatever you want.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 12:27 AM on Jan. 3, 2013

• Short fits you well , I say go for it , it's only hair :-)
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 4:52 AM on Jan. 3, 2013