HPV?

If a man has HPV are there any signs that he would have it too? Theres a possiblity that I might have it, and I have noticed a few kinda dry feeling patches on his peepee.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:56 PM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Health

• there is no way a guy can tell if they have hpv unless they get tested. you probably do have it, 4 out of 5 women do. its not a big deal, you just have to make sure you get regular paps to monitor it. but dont worry about the guy, my husband has it now probably from me, and he has nothing wrong with him
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 10:26 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• There is no way that a guy knows that he has it. There arent really signs that a women has it. I had it when I was pregnant with my son and then it just went away...I mean the cells did. then all of a sudden I got it 3 years ago with no symptoms. Being a woman always ask your doc when you go in for a pap test. Some docs have to do a totally different test for HPV than a pap test. When I had a pap it came back that I had adnormal cells but they didnt know what it was, till the did a biopsy and I found out thats what it was.
    Anonymous

• There is no test for a male to check for HPV. Unless they have the strain that causes genital warts, you would never know, and neither will he. Most HPV dosen't cause symptoms at all. You may not know unless you have an abnormal pap smear.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Feb. 14, 2009