Anyone care to interpret this dream?

My SO told me about this dream that he had. He said that he was on his death bed, we were both very old and were married. I was kneeling by the side of the bed and we were holding hands (he saw our wedding rings that's how he knew we were married). He looked at me and said "We will make it thru this, it will all be ok." He said he wasn't scared to die but didn't know what I was going to do without him. He took my hand and kissed it. Then he said "I love you." A single tear rolled down his cheek and then he breathed his last breath.

He told me that he woke up in a sweat and just wanted to hold me and tell me that he loves me.

tempsingl3mom

Asked by tempsingl3mom at 11:25 PM on Jan. 2, 2013 in Relationships

• Well there you go :)

Stress and anxiety can cause you to have strange dreams and death seems to be number one. Concern about the future and being there to protect the ones you love and not making the right decisions are prevalent when you sleep.
    He doesn't want to let you down.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 11:40 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

• Anyone who dreams of death are generally entering a new phase in their life. It could be uncertain or life changing event taking place which builds uncertainty.
    Doesn't mean death in any way. Anxiety, stress etc. over changes in life may be taking place.

Is he starting a new job? Considering it?
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 11:32 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

• Change. Death is the ending of the old and the beginning of the new. Maybe his subconscious is working on him telling it is time to make other changes.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:49 AM on Jan. 3, 2013

• wow! cute dream you're lucky
    lizzybee44

Answer by lizzybee44 at 12:56 AM on Jan. 3, 2013

• He isn't starting a new job but he has been talking about buying a house.
    tempsingl3mom

Comment by tempsingl3mom (original poster) at 11:35 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

• I don't think this is a bad thing...at least you guys were old in the dream. : ) Was this dream sequential with no other weird things coming in and out of it?
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 12:23 AM on Jan. 3, 2013

• I'd make him think it was prophetic, b/c I'm bad like that. LOL But, who knows, maybe it really was. 

When I was pregnant with my oldest, I dreamed of giving birth.  I was quite aware I was dreaming and, at first I thought I was dreaming of giving birth to my oldest.  But, then I looked down at my baby (a girl) and, just knew that baby girl wasn't the one I was carrying at the time.  Then I looked to my left and saw a little girl and, I knew that was my oldest (my unborn).  So, I knew I was going to have 2 girls.  And, yes, now I do, in fact, have 2 girls. 

3libras

Answer by 3libras at 11:29 AM on Jan. 3, 2013

• Wow, I have NEVER heard of anyone dreaming their own death. Very unusual .
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 2:48 PM on Jan. 4, 2013

• It's a combination of anxiety of taking the relationship to the next stage with the house buying and a realization of his feelings and perhaps a nudge to prepare for the worse. Always pay attention the your intuition and messages from dreams. Get your wills squared away, make sure you have all info about accounts that he or you may only have (passwords, files, etc.). Set up an emergency fund if you don't already have one. Be sure you know each other's last wishes. Safety, security and planning is definitely the focus.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 6:46 PM on Jan. 4, 2013