Need some advice.

Is it wrong to out someone from their wrong doings, simply because your tired of seeing a crappy person getting treated better than someone who deserves being treated good. This person does drugs (people think he's clean) and uses any and everyone.

I feel like my motive is not helping him, but being sick of him getting away with his lies. Which is probably why I haven't outed him yet.

skinnyslokita

Asked by skinnyslokita at 12:54 AM on Jan. 3, 2013 in Relationships

• Ugh, it's late and this is hard...
    Ok, IMHO. Support the poorly treated person and if possible redirect the attention given to the abuser to the decent person
    because if you point out someone's wrong doings (don't assume no one knows) the people who have blissfully lived with scales over their eyes will be angry with you, not the user
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 1:10 AM on Jan. 3, 2013

• You've heard the saying about shooting the messenger? That's usually what happens.

Disassociate yourself from this person. You don't need to out them... just have nothing to do with them. No matter who they are!

That said... I'd probably report this person to the appropriate law enforcement.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:25 AM on Jan. 3, 2013

• If your hearts not in the right place while doing it its probably not the right thing to do , and subconsciously you already know that.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 3:16 AM on Jan. 3, 2013

• It sounds like a lot of aggravation and drama will follow an outing of the addict. I would back away from this person if I had no positive motive for exposing them. Do what you can for the nice person and keep your life as simple as possible.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 6:56 AM on Jan. 3, 2013

• Addicts usually have a way of self-destructing, so you won't need to "out him", he'll do that on his own eventually. Like others have said, avoid contact w/ him as much as possible & be supportive of the other person/people involved.

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:58 AM on Jan. 3, 2013

• It is not very often beneficial to meddle in others doings.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:22 AM on Jan. 3, 2013

• If the people you feel he is harming by his behavior are close to you, go ahead and tell them how you feel, just chose your words carefully. Then let it go and disassociate yourself from the problem.

maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 10:43 AM on Jan. 3, 2013

• Depends really on the person you are talking about really?

Answer by louise2 at 6:56 AM on Jan. 3, 2013

• I agrees staci but the other person is one of my best friends. She's been going through this for 5 years now. So it's hard not to. She has left him and she won't talk bad and say why to anyone but me and everyone's throwing him a potty party and they have their pitch forks out for her. He's playing the I've been. CLean card and people just don't known ow hard it is to stay clean and he says how he feels like using because he's so hurt. I'm afraid they will blame her when they find out he's using.
    skinnyslokita

Comment by skinnyslokita (original poster) at 11:22 AM on Jan. 3, 2013