I am 32 weeks pregnant.......

I am 32 weeks pregnant and I went to the doctor today and my doctor told me that my baby was sitting low in the birth canal. So what does that mean? Does that mean that she has dropped? I have been carrying low my whole pregnancy so I can't tell a diffrence the way I am carrying, but I also feel her right under my boobs. Also if she is sitting low in the birth canal does that mean she is sitting head first for dilivery?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:11 PM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yea it could mean that she's dropped and if your dr wasn't concerned about her position it could mean that she is head down for birth. This could also mean your baby will be born soon. But of course that is what happened with my first when I was 35 weeks and she stayed low in my birth canal for another 5 weeks before she made her grand entrance! Good luck and let me know what happens. I am so excited for you to meet your little one
    Momma2beauties

Answer by Momma2beauties at 10:18 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• the baby is just moving closer and closer to the birth canal. She still has some way to go till you deliver! If there was anything to worry about your doc would have caught it. Alot of times if the baby isnt head first they will find that out before 32 weeks and try to do something to fix it...
    Anonymous

• You're getting there. Has the doctor told you that your cervix is thinning? My babies were born soon after that. I really envy you, I was pregnant with triplets and just lost them. I wish you all the best, sweetie, your precious angel will be here before you know it.
    LoriW

Answer by LoriW at 11:31 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I am so sorry to hear that I will definatly keep you in my prayers! He didn't say anything about my cervix thinning out just that it felt right for this time in my pregnancy, whatever that means.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:24 AM on Feb. 13, 2009