I just started taking chantix today. Does it work? Any pointers or advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:13 PM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

•  Me Again, Just  wanted to add that I did NOT have a history of depression so again be careful. I would never recommend chantix to any one.

jblueeyes228

Answer by jblueeyes228 at 10:46 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I'm sorry I don't know anything about it. I would give you pointers if I knew I promise: )
    ednakrabapple

Answer by ednakrabapple at 10:20 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• i took chantix and it really did help. my cravings reduced dramatically! i was one of the unlucky ones though that starte getting freaky suicidal thoughts so just keep an eye out for that kind of stuff. i dont know if i was at a higher risk for it because i have a history of depression. but overall it really did help, i just wish i could have continued to take it. good luck!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 10:23 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

•  OMG, Please make SURE you stay VERY close to your doctor. I took it for 2 months and the side effects were horrendous. I became suicidal, depressed,nightmares. Food tasted awful etc. Be very careful

jblueeyes228

Answer by jblueeyes228 at 10:30 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• It suppresses the ability to feel pleasure so that cigarettes are less pleasurable. My parents both used it and it did wonders for them. They have both been smoking for over 30 years and they finally quit a year and a half ago with Chantix. Since it can suppress your pleasure, foods you used to enjoy will be less enjoyable and other "treats" will seem less pleasant. Know that this is temporary and talk to your doc RIGHT AWAY if you feel depressed. Good luck!!!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:35 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Oh my doctor decided he is going to call me on a daily basis to check on me.
    Anonymous

• I know a lot of people who were successful with this drug! So good luck;)

It didn't work for me, because the nightmares were just too much, but like I said I do know a lot of people it worked for. I wish you the best!
    Anonymous

• my mom got depressed too after only 3 days :( needless to say she went off of it
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 11:00 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I took it and it worked. Just make sure u don't take it on an empty stomach. I stopped taking it after 6 weeks and then ended up getting stressed out real bad and started smoking again I was smoke free for three months tho
    Sassy0876

Answer by Sassy0876 at 12:10 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• i have 2 family members that used it and the only thing that was weird was dreams my mom had super weird dreams and so did my cousinthey didn't get depressed or anything just weird dreams! my mom was on it for 4 weeks and then had to spend 2 weeks in the hospital so she didn't finish it but is now smoke free! she started it because i told her if she didn't quit smoking then i would not let her see our daughter anymore!!! and my cousin did the whole thing and did great and she is a RN. both of them tell every one they know who wants to quit to use it!  let me know how it works! goog luck!

woobie102

Answer by woobie102 at 4:27 PM on Feb. 13, 2009