Need Homework help.

My 13 year old daughter had a winter Math packet to complete, and totally left it in school. I was so mad!! She had 2 weeks to complete it. Now the teacher is giving her a chance to do it, but she gave her only ONE day. She is not good in Math at all. Are any of you ladies good in Math? I suck at it too. I need help to solve some problems. I can post the problems in different posts, and award you best answer, if you can help me. I helped her online, and we did many of the problems.  But others we can't figure out.   She is in dangers of failing, and this grade will really make a difference.

Thank you so much!!!

WifeyandMom71

Asked by WifeyandMom71 at 9:19 AM on Jan. 3, 2013 in General Parenting

• That one's not too hard. 0.35 is the same as 35%, or 35 hits out of a hundred.

So the next 20 times at bat is 20 x 0.35

Next 35 times, 35 x .35 (be sure to round since you can't have a fraction of a hit)

c) and d) are just a little trickier, but not that hard. A x .35 = 10 => A = 10 / .35
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 9:43 AM on Jan. 3, 2013

• There are so many websites that show how to do different types of math. This one: http://library.thinkquest.org/20991/home.html

is a good one. *Funny title, but good help. :p

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 9:22 AM on Jan. 3, 2013

• Thank you. We have the packet almost complete, we did use the internet for many of the solutions. There are some that we can't figure out.
    WifeyandMom71

Comment by WifeyandMom71 (original poster) at 9:26 AM on Jan. 3, 2013

• what kind of math is it? maybe post a couple of the problems you are stuck on?
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 9:27 AM on Jan. 3, 2013

• Thank you. It's pre-algebra.

Here is one.

Kyle has maintained a consistent batting average of 0.350 on the Metropolis school team during the first half of the season. Assuming his batting average stays the same for the rest of the season, write and solve proportions for the following:

a. How many hits will Kyle make in his next 20 times at bat?

b. How many hits will he make in his next 35 times at bat?

c. How many times at bat will it take him to make 10 hits?

d. How many times at bat will it take Kyle to make 18 hits?
    WifeyandMom71

Comment by WifeyandMom71 (original poster) at 9:38 AM on Jan. 3, 2013