Is there a term for this? and possibly a cure?

so ever since i was in high school, i could belch like a man. now i feel like i get air trapped inside me all the time, and it makes me panicky. sometimes ill try to burp and i cant. then it eventually comes out loudly but it always happens after i eat & drink, doesnt matter what i eat or drink either. its just uncomfortable & i feel like it in some way contributes to my anxiety/panic disorder (cause its hard to get a full breath when you have pressure/air stuck inside and it wont come out)

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 10:01 AM on Jan. 3, 2013 in Health

• Have you talked to a gastro-interologist about it? Sounds like a digestive issue to me.

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 10:09 AM on Jan. 3, 2013

• Have you seen a gastoenterologist?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:09 AM on Jan. 3, 2013

• no, i havent. not yet anyway. ive pretty much been dealing with it for years but noticing it more now.
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 10:11 AM on Jan. 3, 2013

• You sound like my MIL & grandma. Both had/have hiatal (sp?) hernias - grandma figured out her triggers (certain foods, mainly heavy bready things), MIL had surgery but needs surgery again.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 10:11 AM on Jan. 3, 2013

• Do you drink carbonated beverages? Try to eliminate them & see if you stop. Maybe you eat or drink too fast?
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:19 PM on Jan. 3, 2013