Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is there a term for this? and possibly a cure?

so ever since i was in high school, i could belch like a man. now i feel like i get air trapped inside me all the time, and it makes me panicky. sometimes ill try to burp and i cant. then it eventually comes out loudly but it always happens after i eat & drink, doesnt matter what i eat or drink either. its just uncomfortable & i feel like it in some way contributes to my anxiety/panic disorder (cause its hard to get a full breath when you have pressure/air stuck inside and it wont come out)

Answer Question

Asked by tnm786 at 10:01 AM on Jan. 3, 2013 in Health

Level 43 (159,608 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • Have you talked to a gastro-interologist about it? Sounds like a digestive issue to me.


    Answer by mrsmom110 at 10:09 AM on Jan. 3, 2013

  • Have you seen a gastoenterologist?

    Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:09 AM on Jan. 3, 2013

  • no, i havent. not yet anyway. ive pretty much been dealing with it for years but noticing it more now.

    Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 10:11 AM on Jan. 3, 2013

  • You sound like my MIL & grandma. Both had/have hiatal (sp?) hernias - grandma figured out her triggers (certain foods, mainly heavy bready things), MIL had surgery but needs surgery again.

    Answer by idareyou at 10:11 AM on Jan. 3, 2013

  • Do you drink carbonated beverages? Try to eliminate them & see if you stop. Maybe you eat or drink too fast?

    Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:19 PM on Jan. 3, 2013

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.