4-5 days late on my period and negative pregnancy test?

Im 4-5 days late for my period and I took 2 tests both came out negative for the last few days ive been cramping like my period is coming on but not bleeding at all and it almost feels like a tightness in my uterus, and hurts my lower back. My boobs are swollen and im noticeably bloated in my lower abdomen. I heard that I should wait a week or two to retest but I just wanted all of your input. This tightness in my uterus comes and goes all day it just a really full feeling that ive never had before so wanted to see what yous all thought?

faith21

Asked by faith21 at 10:50 AM on Jan. 3, 2013 in Pregnancy

• also ive been having HORRIBLE gas sorry if that's tmi
    faith21

Comment by faith21 (original poster) at 10:53 AM on Jan. 3, 2013

• It is possible that you're pregnant & the test came out negative. That's never happened to me but, I've heard of it.
    But, it's also possible that you're about to start your period. Or, that you could be having an early miscarriage. Those are a lot more common than most people realize. I'd just wait a few days & if nothing happens make an appointment with your OBGYN for a blood test.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 10:57 AM on Jan. 3, 2013

• swollen boobs my first symptom besides being late
    if it feels like nothing before... guessing not a period, or at least not a normal one

what 3libras said
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 11:01 AM on Jan. 3, 2013

• do you have any odd feelings down back of your leg all the way upto and into your butt?
    like a string being pulled
    i had early miscarriage and i felt this
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Jan. 3, 2013