Would they Send you home if an induction failed?

Say you were to go in for an induction and the peticion failed, wouldn't they break you water, or send you in for an emergency c-section?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:51 PM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It can vary, but if you're an American, you are right-- that one intervention tends to lead to another until the baby is on the outside. (Commonly referred to as "The Cascade Of Interventions.")
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:08 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• at my hospital, they told me if the cervidil didnt take they would send me home and try a couple days later
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 10:53 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• My Dr. forced me to dialate. The pitocin didn't work very well on it's own. I will not go into details (TMI) but I did not have an option to go home. I will NEVER be induced ever again. Make sure you ask your Dr. lots of questions.
    hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 10:57 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• its horrible to get induced i had a bad experiance with mine. but most likely yes they will send you home, depending on your doctor and prgress.
    Anonymous

• Its more painfull to get induced. They started me on a pill inserted by my cervix, cuz i was starting from zero.And after 12 hours still was bearly dialated to one. And my doc said that since we started it he was finishing it, it was just going to take longer than expected, and a lil later my water broke, and they started me on pitocin. And after 29 hours of being there my son was born. If you are dialated to at least a one they can break your water. Get as many details as you can.
    ashtonjames

Answer by ashtonjames at 11:08 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• i was induced over the course of two days, they gave me the pill to soften my cervix, but aparently it didn't really help. My water ended up breaking on its own and 8 hrs after that i had a c-section because i was only dialated to one and was making no progress, although i guess it felt like i should have been at least at about 6 or something. I had contractions every 2-3 mins, but i was not dialating....
    calvinsmommy18

Answer by calvinsmommy18 at 11:20 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• okay ladies im not trying to tell you what you did was wrong, because it was your doctor who was wrong but the pill (Cytocec) is not meant to put you into labor, the company who makes it even warns against it, it CAN have bad effects and lead to POWERFUL contractions that make you hemmorhage! im saying this as a person who almost lost her cousin to cytocec! i told my hospital NO cytocec and they gave me cervidil (which looks like a shoe lace) until i dialated to 3 then i got pitocin... now it is rare to have complications like my cousin and im sure they all have some risks but cytocec is the only one i've seen first hand (i researched cervidil and pitocin and i didnt see near as many red flags as i saw cytocec but it doesnt make them safe either) like i said im not trying to be on my high horse, i would just hate for anyone to go through what my cousin went through!
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 11:53 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I agree that Cytotec is scary-- I mean REALLY scary. So many things can go wrong. Frequently, it's hyper-stimulation --the baby can't get oxygen and mom can rupture and her body can't process the amniotic wastes... etc.

Plus on the label it says "Do not use on pregnant women" !
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:01 PM on Feb. 13, 2009